Monday, September 20, 2010

Wednesday 15 September - Bag(less) lady


11.11pm, Crying on a train. I went to Manchester to see my amazing mum and three of her best friends from her 20s. Mum was doing a talk, and it was ace to see her in 'author' mode. Then the five of us went out for dinner to a lovely place called Zinc (I can't recommend them enough), had loads of yummy food, hilarious conversation and some delish wine. It was time to go, so i reached into my bag to get my purse, to pay... And there was no purse. Or bag. Or anything, thanks to a pikey Mancunian couple who decided they wanted my awesome bag and all the awesome stuff that was in it...the usual stuff: phone, purse, cards, keys and a book I was halfway through.

Anyway, probably the best person I could be with was my mum, as she is inherently amazing, so she sorted me out good and proper. But then I had to go back to Liverpool on the train, with absolutely nothing to keep me entertained on the very slow two-hour journey. So I cried to pass the time. But it wasn't all bad; I didn't have to pay for my dinner/wine! Every cloud...

Ps. RIP bag of dreams...

No comments:

Post a Comment