Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Sunday 10 June - The best families






Current location: Sennen
11.11pm, Playing board games and loving being around the Hewitt family. Various members came down this week and, yesterday, the final children/grandchildren arrived and we all met on Sennen beach for an afternoon/evening barbie.

Despite the drizzle, we persevered with our barbecue and, lo and behold, the sun came out. A few games of rounders later, I was sufficiently warm enough to get in the sea, and I managed to persuade Dan to come in too. It was frrreeeeeezing but so much fun. I really did feel like I was a child again (which is probably how old I was when the Hewitts still lived here and we all regularly frolicked on Sennen beach). My beautiful nephews were brave enough to go in too and, slowly, more and more people joined until almost all of us were in the sea.

Once back on the beach (in the bumble bee towel, courtesy of Zac), we ran around a bit more to warm up and then ate the amazing fish and sausages that the dads/brothers/sons had been barbecuing for us. It was so nice to hang out with Mum and Dad too. I love Cornwall!

As the sun started to go down and the kids started to get tired, we headed back up the beach to where the Hewitts were staying, for a cup of coffee, some cake, and a quick board game or two (they are the king of board games).

It was so good, I wanted to do it all again the next night so, after a beautiful day with my gorgeous nephews (and a quick trip to St Austell to pick up a bike), I headed back out to Sennen and spent the new few hours playing another game (which Matt and I won, yippee!) and soaking up the awesomeness of the Hewitts.

No comments:

Post a Comment